cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Roadmap for 2.2
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2006 13:39:19 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>>>
>>> As long as Cocoon samples webapp is not complete
>>
>> What's missing?
>
> The complete and working webapp :) Have you seen it? Only couple of
> blocks are "in". The rest is never tried / tested.

We shouldn't make it a requirement, that all samples of all blocks run. If you
want to release cforms, working cforms samples should be enough.

>>> , nothing can be labeled as "released". You can say that M1 was only
>>> first step in the proof of concept for maven migration. Next step is
>>> to have complete and functional samples webapp, and yet next is to
>>> have Cocoon 2.2 downloadable deliverables,
>>
>> What do those deliverables contain?
>
> Source distribution, containing complete source code. *Ideally* it would
> contain all required libraries as well, but probably that's not possible
> with Maven.
>
> Binary distribution, containing built Cocoon source code, with all
> blocks, samples webapp, jetty bundle, and 'cocoon.sh' script. Complete
> JavaDoc also can be part of it (or it could be part of documentation
> download).
>
> Documentation, containing contents of Cocoon 2.2 documentation web site
> (and probably JavaDoc too).

We should move away from seeing Cocoon as one huge application. That's the main
reason why we only make small steps.

If you need the single file that contains everything, I recommend to you that
you look at the assembly plugin.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc