cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: Roadmap for 2.2
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2006 13:12:46 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>>> yes, it's only documentation! Remember, we have already released M1
>>> but haven't announced it yet because without docs it doesn't make
>>> much sense.
>>
>> As long as Cocoon samples webapp is not complete
>
> What's missing?

The complete and working webapp :) Have you seen it? Only couple of blocks are
"in". The rest is never tried / tested.

>> , nothing can be labeled as "released". You can say that M1 was only
>> first step in the proof of concept for maven migration. Next step is
>> to have complete and functional samples webapp, and yet next is to
>> have Cocoon 2.2 downloadable deliverables,
>
> What do those deliverables contain?

Source distribution, containing complete source code. *Ideally* it would contain
all required libraries as well, but probably that's not possible with Maven.

Binary distribution, containing built Cocoon source code, with all blocks,
samples webapp, jetty bundle, and 'cocoon.sh' script. Complete JavaDoc also can
be part of it (or it could be part of documentation download).

Documentation, containing contents of Cocoon 2.2 documentation web site (and
probably JavaDoc too).

Vadim