cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: versions in poms
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2006 13:08:53 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> To maven gurus here:
>
> I see many a poms have a version inside, like "1.0.0-SNAPSHOT", or
> "1.0.0-M2-SNAPSHOT".
>
> Am I right in understanding that this is either an error or omission,
> and versions everywhere should read "2.2.0-SNAPSHOT" or
> "2.2.0-M2-SNAPSHOT"?

no, we decided (at least by not questioning it so far) that only the Cocoon core
module will get the version 2.2.0. As we have never released any block as a
seperate artifact yet, it makes sense to use 1.0.0 as version. It also indicates
that we can finally(!) have separate release cycles for our various artifacts.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc