cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <>
Subject Re: Roadmap for 2.2
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2006 12:31:00 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> hepabolu wrote:
>> I agree, but does anyone know what is needed for this? I went as far
>> back as May 2005 but every topic on roadmaps and release plans for 2.2
>> get mixed up with discussions on related topics/ideas/opinions etc.
>> I've seen the phrases "documentation is lacking" and "documentation is
>> lagging behind" several times, and would love to do something about it,
>> but I have no clue where to start and what to do.
> I fear this is a common problem right now, and only a few of us (if
> any!) know what is left to do. From my pov there is a minor thing
> unfinished with processor/container handling which I want to discuss at
> the hackathon and then finish. Apart from that we should wait for the
> final release of Spring 2.0 which has some incompatible changes to RC we
> currently use. But Spring 2.0 will be released in 3 days, so that should
> be a problem.
> So the real remaining parts are documentation and samples, I guess.

yes, it's only documentation! Remember, we have already released M1 but haven't
announced it yet because without docs it doesn't make much sense.

hepabolu wrote:
 > Maybe a few of us (Reinhard a.o.) should sit down at the hackathon and decide
 > on the new documentation setup and present that to the rest for voting. At
the > very least we could write up a list of docs to provide.

At the Hackathon I will demonstrate the new Maven Daisy plugin and will show how
the new "Cocoon documentation" site within Daisy is supposed to work.

Telefonate ohne weitere Kosten vom PC zum PC:

View raw message