cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From hepabolu <hepab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [RT] Simplify flow usage
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2006 10:05:53 GMT
Reinhard Poetz said the following on 29/9/06 11:14:
> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>> hepabolu wrote:
>>> How much extra effort would it take to allow overriding the location
>>> in e.g. the sitemap? E.g. as an attribute in map:flow
>>>
>>> <map:flow location="my/own/path/to/flow"/>
>>>
>> That shouldn't be difficult - but then the question is if this is
>> overriding the
>> default location or an additional location? You mention overriding but I
>> fear others want to have an additional location and then someone comes
>> up and wants to be able to specify more than one location :)
>
> I think we should keep it simple: Either someone puts all scripts into
> ./flow or  he has to declare them using <map:flow/>, more smells like FS.

Agree, but since it's more part of the application like Bertrand pointed
out, I favor a way to override the default location. So:

- default = all *.js in ./flow
- some specification somewhere = all *.js in my/own/path/to/flow
- different locations = use <map:flow/> (which is also backwards compatible)

WDYT?

Bye, Helma