cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Simplify flow usage
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2006 07:19:33 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>> Is anyone against make using flow a little bit easier in trunk?
>> I really hate to specify all my flow scripts in the sitemap - so what
>> about using some "convention over configuration" stuff and include by
>> default all "*.js" files which are located in the "config/flow"
>> directory (relative to the current sitemap). We already have this
>> behaviour for avalon config files, for spring bean definitions and for
>> properties, so it seems natural to me to extend this to flow scripts as
>> well.
>> And it keeps the sitemap even cleaner.
>>
>> If noone objects I will add the stuff in the next days.
>
> I like the feature but not the location as flowscripts are not configuration
> files. What about ./flow only?

Ok, it seems that everyone here is in favour of using just "flow"
without an additional sub directory. I'm fine with that.

Now what about the other directories we currently have:
config/spring, config/xconf and config/properties?
Should we leave them where they are or move them one directory up?

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/