cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: Maven info wanted
Date Thu, 28 Sep 2006 18:50:26 GMT
Jean-Baptiste Quenot skrev:
> * Reinhard Poetz:
>

>> Also don't  forget that releasing  a Cocoon artifact  has become
>> very simple.
>>

> Could you be a little more specific?
>
> Last time  I tried following  the instructions in  README.txt, the
> build was successful after 111  minutes.  That is very simple, but
> very long however :-(
>
> I  don't mean  to integrate  a Cocoon  release with  the published
> artifacts.  I mean as a Cocoon developer.

The simplest solution to that is that we just create a new catalog named
e.g. optionalblocks and move all of the blocks but the few that actually
are actively developed or used from blocks to optional blocks. Then we
don't have the optionalblock module as part of the main pom. This would
cut down the build time quite a lot for the majority of developers. And
by making the optionalblocks being built by continuum we still keep
track on that we don't happen to break it.

/Daniel