cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From hepabolu <hepab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven info wanted
Date Thu, 28 Sep 2006 15:33:48 GMT
Reinhard Poetz said the following on 28/9/06 14:55:

> We have invested a lot of time into making trunk build with M2. And
> don't forget that it's much more than just compiling the thing.
>
> We have two archetypes, one deployment plugin, the documentation which
> is exported using Maven, a working integration build, reports and
> certainly much more. Also don't forget that releasing a Cocoon artifact
> has become very simple. And one last point: If you build Cocoon using
> some different build system I think that we cannot forbear providing
> Maven 2 metadata files (pom.xml) because many developers will ask for them.

As said: I really don't care as long as I'm able to figure out how
things work. For now I'm stuck on a 'build failure' on the line
"$mvn clean install eclipse:clean eclipse:eclipse" as described in
http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/documentation/g1/756.html

and I have no clue where to go and find more info.

I'll settle for Maven but then we need to devote considerable hackathon
time to proper documentation. I don't mind doing corrections or writeups
or whatever else that's needed to make documentation a coherent piece,
but I need the initial info from you guys.

Bye, Helma