cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From hepabolu <hepab...@gmail.com>
Subject Maven info wanted
Date Wed, 27 Sep 2006 10:46:18 GMT
Guys,

I've watched the devlist with growing astonishment seeing how you got
into Maven2 and under its hood at an amazing pace.

My first steps into Maven v1 were not very successful and at the time
clear documentation of Maven2 was non-existent. I suppose this has
changed by now, but I'm still confused and heavily rely on your
documentation of what arguments to call and what poms to setup.

I guess I'm not alone in this and many current Branch users might be
holding off the transition to Trunk because of the magic maven
mumbo-jumbo that has to be done. Don't get me wrong, I'm not criticizing
the use of Maven, I merely find it very difficult to understand what's
going on and why things have to be done the way they are done.

What I'd like to see is some documentation on how to do things for
Cocoon, but enhanced with links to the relevant information about
Maven2. I'm sure you all have your favorite (web)sources, so please
share them.

At the least: send me a list of your favorite URLs (and please hold off
the link to the Maven homepage) and I'll compile a Daisy page with links.

Thanks.

Bye, Helma