cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <lgaw...@mobilebox.pl>
Subject Re: [M10N] Eclipse projects
Date Sun, 17 Sep 2006 12:38:16 GMT
Joerg Heinicke wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried the Maven build at home and it worked. Only eclipse:eclipse
> generates some project definitions, which don't work:
> cocoon-template-impl had a wrong source dir, so that package declaration
> did not match the package set in Eclipse. Same is true for
> cocoon-22-archetype-block. cocoon-blocks-fw-tests seems to miss many
> dependencies at least for src/test/java.
>
> Is this something we can influence at all? Is this a problem of the
> Maven Eclipse plugin? Or is everything left to the project wizard of
> Eclipse?
>
> Jörg
Are you refering to maven eclipse plugin which you invoke by mvn
eclipse:eclipse or to m2eclipse (which is an eclipse plugin for handling
maven projects)?

I've been testing both and both have significant bugs but I did manage
to get m2eclipse usable.

The biggest m2eclipse problems are:
- not being able to switch to offline (even though this is configurable)
- sometimes transitive dependencies have to be stated explicitly:
     - they are either not included in .classpath
     - or the opposite: you get two same artifacts on classpath only with
       different versions
- I've run into some infinite loops (eclipse hung consuming all
resources) when having a project subclipsed and then maven enabled.