cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <lgaw...@mobilebox.pl>
Subject Re: Caching jx *without* flow
Date Sun, 17 Sep 2006 11:48:45 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> Hi all, hi Ard,
>
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=115194685214066&w=2
> "...
>>> Now, the cached jx would depend on these three parameters.
>> Very easy to use, and less error prone than the flow part.
>>> If somebody is interested in the code I will hear "
>
> Yes very interested.
>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&rev=446701
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-931
>
> Can you attach a patch to this issue or commit it to cocoon directly?
>
> Would be awesome.
Do I get it right:

you want to patch JXTG to automatically build up a cache key from cocoon
parameters?

<map:match pattern="foo">
   <map:generate src="foobar.jx">
     <map:parameter name="foo" value="bar"/>
     <map:parameter name="bar" value="foo"/>
   </map:generate>
   <map:serialize/>
</map:match>

so cocoon:/foo gets cached with something like "foo=bar&bar=foo"?

Why need a patch for that? After all you already have jx:cache-key and
jx:cache-validity.