cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From hepabolu <hepab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [GT2006] 17 talks proposed!
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2006 18:04:43 GMT
Arje Cahn said the following on 14/9/06 18:04:
>> My first reaction was: can't we fit all of them in?
>
> Hold on...
> Are you suggesting we squeeze *all* talks to 30 minutes slots, effectively raising the
number of talks from 8 to 12 ??

> That's a *lot* of talks..!
>
> On the other hand, it would fit right in... If me and Reinhard only need 15 minutes,
and Andrew

drops 4 out of his 6 proposals, we'll have 11 30-minute talks left..

> This is INSANE!
> If done properly, it could be very snappy and a lot of fun. But it could get really messy
as wel..
> WDYT??

As said: it was my first reaction, based on the fact that I'd love to
hear all of them.

Nevertheless, it would be great if we could pull it off.

Some ideas:

- is it possible to do two tracks? I.e. two rooms with speakers (one for
Andrew and one for the rest ;-)), e.g. one more geared towards
"management" (10 reasons to choose Cocoon) and/or beginners and one for
intermediate or advanced level?

- can some presentations be merged? E.g. some of Andrews talks sound as
if they are a consecutive series of ideas, maybe they could be merged.

- pick some talks and put the rest on a CD that can be bought (price to
be defined).

- pick some talks, put the rest on a website to be downloaded in advance
and add an "ask the expert" slot where people can ask questions about
the downloaded talks.

- if some talks can be turned into a poster, we could put them up so
people can have a look at them between talks e.g.

WDYT?

Bye, Helma