cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <lgaw...@mobilebox.pl>
Subject Re: trunk webapp not working under tomcat5.5.17
Date Sat, 09 Sep 2006 09:32:31 GMT
Laurent Perez wrote:
>> > I still have a problem gettting cocoon to load my own Spring beans : I
>> > put a daoContext.xml file under WEB-INF/cocoon/spring, but when I
>> > restart the container it again shows SEVERE : errorListener, nothing
>> > else. That file is working fine under spring2.0m4.
>> Could you post your whole stacktrace and the context file?
>
> well, there is no stacktrace at all, the catalina log just writes
> "SEVERE : errorListener" and prevents the webapp from deploying. I'll
> try to figure out if tomcat startup can be set to some DEBUG loglevel.
>
> I tried to change my context to a very basic one, with a root <beans>
> and a single <bean> entry, and it shows the same error. I then tried
> to add a <bean> entry to WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml and it also
> outputs that error, I'm pretty lost, but yeah I'll post that file
> later on. Note that the single <bean> I tried to add is a
> org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.DriverManagerDataSource class.
>
> I also stumbled across
> http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@cocoon.apache.org/msg46302.html , does
> it mean I have to put a <cocoon:"something"/> tag somewhere into my
> context ?
no you don't. WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml is automatically deployed
to your webapp from cocoon-core block:

>        xmlns:util="http://www.springframework.org/schema/util"
>        xmlns:cocoon="http://org.apache.cocoon/core"
>        xmlns:avalon="http://org.apache.cocoon/avalon"
>        xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans/spring-beans.xsd
>                            http://www.springframework.org/schema/util http://www.springframework.org/schema/util/spring-util.xsd
>                            http://org.apache.cocoon/core http://org.apache.cocoon/core.xsd
>                            http://org.apache.cocoon/avalon http://org.apache.cocoon/avalon.xsd">
>
>   <!-- Load all the properties for Cocoon -->
>   <cocoon:settings/>
>
>   <!-- Load Avalon configurations
>        If you want to use a different logger than the default log4j logger,
>        add a bean conforming to the Avalon Logger interface to this definition
>        and leave out the loggingConfiguration attribute.
>    -->
>   <avalon:avalon location="/WEB-INF/cocoon/cocoon.xconf"
>                  loggingConfiguration="/WEB-INF/cocoon/log4j.xconf"/>
>
> </beans>

You must not put any other file in that location (yours will take
precedence and cocoon probably won't start).

Please try to mimic the steps I described here:
http://ouzo.squash.eu.org/2006/09/creating_a_mavenized_cocoon_ap.html

At the end of the entry there is a link to download the project source.
Try to put your application context into:
squasher/squasher-core/src/main/resources/META-INF/spring

and run the application.