cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Excalibur and Factory-Methods
Date Fri, 08 Sep 2006 17:48:39 GMT
Lars Trieloff wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we are currently writing a SourceFactory for Cocoon that should be
> configured via the XConf XML format.
>
> The only problem is that a dependency of this SourceFactory cannot be
> instantiated via a Constructor as Excalibur does by default, so I am
> looking for the equivalent of Spring's factory-method attribute.

I'm not sure if I understand your problem correctly, but the
SourceFactory is a factory :) which creates source objects. So in fact
the source factory could be a singleton, so there shouldn't be a need to
create a factory which creates the SourceFactory.
If you need other components in your implementation you can implement
Serviceable, get a service manager and can lookup components from there.
If you need configuration from the xconf you can implement Configurable.

Is it this you're looking for?

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/