cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon, Spring and OSGi
Date Fri, 08 Sep 2006 10:02:11 GMT
Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
> It seem like the Spring-OSGi integration work is taking of quite
> seriously http://www.osgi.org/blog/2006/08/osgi-and-spring_29.html. Key
> players from both OSGi, Spring and some large companies are working on it.
I think these are really good news and this means that our decision to
move to Spring might be even more important.

> For Cocoon I think the way to go forward is that we make the part of the
> blocks architecture that is about "sitemap polymorphism", blocks
> protocol etc, Spring managed (like I have been talking about for some
> while and even started to work on, unfortunately I haven't been able to
> spend much time on Cocoon for the last months).
I hope to finish the new Spring base per sitemap configuration stuff
soon which moves all of the container creation out of the sitemap engine.

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/