cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Cocoon, Spring and OSGi
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2006 15:26:23 GMT
It seem like the Spring-OSGi integration work is taking of quite
seriously http://www.osgi.org/blog/2006/08/osgi-and-spring_29.html. Key
players from both OSGi, Spring and some large companies are working on it.

For Cocoon I think the way to go forward is that we make the part of the
blocks architecture that is about "sitemap polymorphism", blocks
protocol etc, Spring managed (like I have been talking about for some
while and even started to work on, unfortunately I haven't been able to
spend much time on Cocoon for the last months).

For the Spring-OSGi bridge, that make inter block (bundle) component
communication possible, we should move towards using the things the
Spring community develops. I have subscribed to their mailing list and
will see if their current direction solves our needs and otherwise take
part in the discussions.

/Daniel