cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Properties - on and on
Date Wed, 06 Sep 2006 06:31:43 GMT
Leszek Gawron wrote:
>>> My kid interrupted me in the middle of commits. Just commited that to
>>> core. I am sorry for inconvinience.
No problem.

>> Hmm I seem to removed the properties at 5pm. The power of distraction.
>>
>> I have also removed cocoon-core-sitemap.xmap from cocoon-webapp - seems
>> cocoon-core has been providing it also.
>>
>> Another question: assuming cocoon-core provides cocoon-core-sitemap.xmap
>> that among others defines pipes. I do also put some .xmap in
>> sitemap-additions which accidentaly also define pipes. Which definition
>> will be used? Or is it undetermined?
>>
> Just to clarify:
> In sitemap-additions I have two files:
>

> cocoon-core-sitemap.xmap (comes from cocoon-core) that has 26kB
> c:\dev\apache-projects\cocoon-trunk\core\cocoon-core\src\main\resources\META-INF\legacy\sitemap-additions\cocoon-core-sitemap.xmap
>
> a second file cocoon-core-sitemap-small.xmap that is the same file
> ascocoon-trunk\tools\archetypes\cocoon-22-archetype-webapp\src\main\resources\archetype-resources\src\main\webapp\WEB-INF\cocoon\sitemap-additions\cocoon-core-sitemap.xmap
>
> Every of those files defines default generators/transformers/etc.
> Both define pipes (differently).
>
> Why does nothing break even if there are two xslt transformers and so on?

You can override component definitions - so the second definition
overrides the first one. This mechanism is intended for the
roles/components handling: you first define a role with an optional
default class and can then override this in xconf. I'll have a look why
it doesn't throw an exception if the component is defined twice.

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/