cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <lgaw...@mobilebox.pl>
Subject Re: XPatch support for maven-cocoon-deployer-plugin
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2006 07:50:43 GMT
Giacomo Pati wrote:
> I'm quite -0 on that xpatch support. I don't see the benefit.
Just try to implement some mavenized cocoon based webapp that needs to
change something in .xconf files. The urgent need will come.

> I support the idea of rewriting how cform should be configures to allow
> easy additions of additional Converter Datatypes etc. and am with
> Carsten on the rest being property driven.
I like the idea except this is still and idea and I already mavenized
some my production sites. As I started to do it about a month ago I also
started to hammer this mailing list with questions and requests. At the
same time almost the same request came into jira from cocoon user.

The common agreement here is we want to release 2.2 ASAP. Now some users
already started testing it and found holes in our functionality. If we
tell them to wait the user will simply switch back to 2.1.x. I have
spent more time during last month fighting with cocoon build/deploy than
actually writing my software. I haven't resigned just because I may
commit stuff that allows me to make another few steps forward. Users do
not have such comfort.

BTW: I do not want to patch cforms at all. I never needed it. It was
just an example. I have lots of other cases in other cocoon areas that
will not be resolved by fixing cforms.