cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <lgaw...@mobilebox.pl>
Subject Re: XPatch support for maven-cocoon-deployer-plugin
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2006 07:40:14 GMT
Giacomo Pati wrote:
>> - modifying a generated sitemap when testing a block (mvn compile
>> cocoon:deploy jetty:run on a development block)
>
> I'd suppose using own ones for such in the src/test path
replied elsewhere. I do not like the idea of having 20 same web.xml
files residing in each application block.

>> - tweaking store janitor
>
> Should be adjustable by properties (dunno exactly what you wantto tweak)

You're right. Still: should be but isn't

>> - configuring transient store max objects
>
> Same as above: Property
same as above: someone has to do it.

>> - configuring continuations manager
>
> Again: Properties
again here. you're right, but ...

>> - you won't even be able to define a new cforms widget definition
>> because they don't use the new service selector that allows to span
>> components over several files.
>
> So this cries for a patch ;-)
>
>> While some things are trivial to fix some are not and all definitely
>> need some committer attention. The problem with declaring widgets in
>> other files is probably a year old.
>
> Yes I think we are aware of the cform "new widget" problems. But what do
> you mean by "committer attention"?

I mean that there has to be one of the committers that has will, skills
and time to do it. As we all are busy with our things most of the
current 2.2 problems outlined above won't make into next 2.2 release.

The user base for 2.2 is hardly existent. Now having maven you a lot of
artifact jars and cocoon deployer. Users got used to patching. We cannot
drop it because cocoon simply isn't ready for it.

We could have patch mechanism separated from main deployer:
mvn clean compile cocoon:deploy cocoon:patch cocoon:shield jetty:run