cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: XPatch support for maven-cocoon-deployer-plugin
Date Mon, 04 Sep 2006 14:56:20 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler skrev:
> Leszek Gawron wrote:

>> - you won't even be able to define a new cforms widget definition
>> because they don't use the new service selector that allows to span
>> components over several files.
>>
>> While some things are trivial to fix some are not and all definitely
>> need some committer attention. The problem with declaring widgets in
>> other files is probably a year old.
>>

> Yes, I think cforms in general is the hardest bit: it's not possible for
> exampe to add a converter to a datatype without patching. We should
> definitly come up with a better configuration which does not require any
> patching just for adding new widgets, converters etc.

The datatype should _look up_ converters instead of _containing_ them.
In this way any block can contribute a converter that can be looked up.
The current implementation is based on the idea that there is one
central definition of all cform components. This is far to monolithic
for use with blocks.

/Daniel