cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <lgaw...@mobilebox.pl>
Subject Re: reading settings in cocoon.xconf
Date Mon, 04 Sep 2006 12:37:35 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>> Leszek Gawron wrote:
>>> <SNIP>
>>>
>>> The blocks consists of:
>>> - COB-INF resources (covered with mount in sitemap)
>>> - java classes (loaded on sitemap level with reloading classloader, now
>>> gets me thinking it will break if block supplies some core spring beans)
>>> - avalon contexts (covered by include in cocoon.xconf)
>>> - spring contexts (covered by include in cocoon.xconf)
>>> - sitemap additions (covered by include in cocoon.xconf)
>>> - properties
>>>    - those in src/main/resources/COB-INF/config/properties/ covered by
>>> automatic loading in block sitemap
>>>    - those in src/main/resources/META-INF/properties are NOT COVERED
>>>
>> Thanks for the nice overview, Leszek - I've never used it this way.
>>
>> To be honest, I have no good idea how to solve this. But I think putting
>> these include into the xconf is not the right way :(
>>
> Would it help, if you could specify the properties dir in the settings
> element in the
> applicationContext.xml? Currently <cocoon:settings/> is used; we could
> simply extend it with support for an addition "dir" attribute.
Hmmm ... not really. And the system property solution would not also
work. Everything because you may mount more that one development block
directly from source:

<plugin>
     <groupId>org.apache.cocoon</groupId>
     <artifactId>cocoon-deployer-plugin</artifactId>
     <version>1.0.0-M2-SNAPSHOT</version>
     <configuration>
         <useShieldingClassloader>false</useShieldingClassloader>
         <useShieldingRepository>false</useShieldingRepository>
         <blocks>
             <developmentBlock>
                 <groupId>com.mobilebox.donnelley</groupId>
                 <artifactId>donnelley-block-common</artifactId>
                 <localPath>../donnelley-block-common</localPath>
             </developmentBlock>
         </blocks>
     </configuration>
</plugin>

which needs to read properties from:
- src/main/resources/META-INF/properties
- ../donnelley-block-common/src/main/resources/META-INF/properties