cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <lgaw...@mobilebox.pl>
Subject Re: XPatch support for maven-cocoon-deployer-plugin
Date Mon, 04 Sep 2006 07:58:30 GMT

That is why i wrote some things are trivial :)

>> - you won't even be able to define a new cforms widget definition
>> because they don't use the new service selector that allows to span
>> components over several files.
>>
>> While some things are trivial to fix some are not and all definitely
>> need some committer attention. The problem with declaring widgets in
>> other files is probably a year old.
>>
> Yes, I think cforms in general is the hardest bit: it's not possible for
> exampe to add a converter to a datatype without patching. We should
> definitly come up with a better configuration which does not require any
> patching just for adding new widgets, converters etc.

Exactly. Still my point is valid: users need to use it as is and won't
be able to wait for developers mercy.

I have found yet another example: JXTemplate generator. Does anybody
even remember that you can use javascript in jxtg along with jexl and jxtg?

{jexl:expr}
{jxpath:expr}
{js:expr}

or simply {expr} for default language

instead of
${expr}
#{expr}

And why? Because there is no simple way (not even for a developer) to
make a switch.