cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: XPatch support for maven-cocoon-deployer-plugin
Date Mon, 04 Sep 2006 07:46:59 GMT
Leszek Gawron wrote:
> Just a few examples of what can be currently achieved only by patching:
>
> - tweaking store janitor
>
> - configuring transient store max objects
>
> - configuring continuations manager

These three things could be configured through properties I guess. So
there shouldn't be a need for patching.

> - you won't even be able to define a new cforms widget definition
> because they don't use the new service selector that allows to span
> components over several files.
>
> While some things are trivial to fix some are not and all definitely
> need some committer attention. The problem with declaring widgets in
> other files is probably a year old.

Yes, I think cforms in general is the hardest bit: it's not possible for
exampe to add a converter to a datatype without patching. We should
definitly come up with a better configuration which does not require any
patching just for adding new widgets, converters etc.

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/