cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject XPatch support for maven-cocoon-deployer-plugin
Date Sun, 03 Sep 2006 17:50:19 GMT
Leszek Gawron (JIRA) wrote:

> I want to implement some more features for cocoon:deploy XPatching:

First, because of a lack of time I haven't had much time to understand in detail
what your needs are. So take my concerns as what they are: a gut feeling.

I think we are about to overdo what a deployment mechanism (and XPatch) is about
and can/should do for us. Whenver you extend the deployer keep in mind what
Cocoon blocks at a sitemap level are about (polymorphism & inheritance) and that
we can (and IMO should) backport the things that already work in the OSGi mode.
Because of that I don't think it's a good idea to e.g. be able to patch any file
at deployment time instead of only patching web.xml

After my holidays I will have a closer look at this topic and can give some more
qualified feedback.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc