cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <lgaw...@mobilebox.pl>
Subject Re: cocoon:deploy consider a dependency's scope?
Date Sat, 02 Sep 2006 21:24:27 GMT
Leszek Gawron wrote:
> Rice Yeh wrote:
>> Hi,
>>   Does cocoon:deploy consider a dependency's scope? I have a
>> dependency whose scope is 'compile', hence it should not be deployed
>> to WEB-INF/cocoon/lib/. But I find it is always deployed. So I use
>> 'exclusion' to exclude it. But it is kind of workaround.
> Hmmm ... if you need something for 'compile' you need it also for
> runtime, don't you?
>
> What probably should be taken into account is 'provided', 'system' and
> 'test' dependencies. I see in code this is probably not handled well.

- when building a webapp proper dependencies are copied to WEB-INF/lib
by mvn war:exploded. This has got nothing to do with cocoon:deploy.
cocoon:deploy only moves the resources to WEB-INF/cocoon/lib if you
choose to use shielding classloader.

- when performing mvn cocoon:deploy for a development block the task
itself copies the dependency jar files. It omits 'provided', 'system'
and 'test' dependencies (system was ommited in current trunk - just
fixed that).