cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Caching jx *without* flow
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2006 07:55:07 GMT
On Sun, 2006-09-17 at 13:48 +0200, Leszek Gawron wrote:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> > Hi all, hi Ard,
> >
> > http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=115194685214066&w=2
> > "...
> >> Very easy to use, and less error prone than the flow part.
> >
> > Yes very interested.
> >
> > http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&rev=446701
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-931
> >
> > Can you attach a patch to this issue or commit it to cocoon directly?
> >
> > Would be awesome.
> Do I get it right:
>
> you want to patch JXTG to automatically build up a cache key from cocoon
> parameters?
>
> <map:match pattern="foo">
>    <map:generate src="foobar.jx">

that is the normal file generator which is indeed cacheable. I am
talking about <map:generate type="jx" src="foobar.jx"> which is not
cacheable (if not changed since the last update of the cocoon in
forrest).

>      <map:parameter name="foo" value="bar"/>
>      <map:parameter name="bar" value="foo"/>
>    </map:generate>
>    <map:serialize/>
> </map:match>
>
> so cocoon:/foo gets cached with something like "foo=bar&bar=foo"?
>
> Why need a patch for that? After all you already have jx:cache-key and
> jx:cache-validity.

Can you explain, I read the mail from Ard (see above marc link) and
understood that one need to patch the jx generator to make it cacheable.
If not can you give an example?

TIA

salu2

--