Each time I have a new checkout of cocoon and use "mvn clean install" to have a new build, I always meet such problem. So i did reproduct it many times. Finally, I just add the following denpendence to the pom.xml in cocoon-webdav-impl folder, then the the problem is gone.

    <dependency>
        <groupId>commons-httpclient</groupId>
        <artifactId>commons-httpclient</artifactId>
        <version>3.0.1</version>
        <scope>compile</scope>
    </dependency>

Regards,
Rice

Title: Re: webdav does not compile for a while
I don't get this errormessage during a full build. Can you still reproduce it ?