cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Re: Staging Repository
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2006 07:37:04 GMT
> Jorg Heymans wrote:

> > ...The only thing i'm still unsure about is how to do the sync between the
> > zone and people.a.o, rsync might not work too well given the metadata
> > that's involved....

Note that, IMHO, you shouldn't rsync directly into the people.a.o
directories that are rsynced to the final repositories: if you do this
and a sync is happening from people.a.o to the final destination at
the same time, you might end up with an incomplete set of files at the
final destination (hope I'm being clear ;-)

I think the safe way is to first rsync from the zone to a temporary
location on people.a.o, which is on the same filesystem than the final
location, then do a move (mv), which is atomic, to the final location
on people.a.o.

-Bertrand (I'm not being paranoid, am I?)