cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Re: Cocoon 2.2 M1 artifacts in m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository
Date Fri, 04 Aug 2006 06:53:56 GMT
On 8/3/06, Jorg Heymans <jh@domek.be> wrote:

> ...It was just confirmed to me on repo@ that indeed the whole
> m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository directory is synced for each synchronisation
> request. So be aware of this, if you make a mistake during the release and
> you're unlucky (ie you just uploaded before the rsync kicked in) then those
> bad artifacts are on maven central and you'll have to re-release with new
> version increment...

Also, if a sync happens while you're uploading stuff, a half-finished
release will be published.

This looks exactly like the mysterious build problems that Carsten and
I were chasing at ApacheCon, where he had different versions of some
artifacts (from another project, not Cocoon) than me in his maven
cache, with the same version numbers.

I know little about how this all works, but maybe it would make sense
to use a staging area, outside of the synced directories, to create
the release? And move it to the "sync zone" when it's ready and
checked.

-Bertrand