cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jorg Heymans ...@domek.be>
Subject Re: Staging Repository
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2006 21:57:22 GMT

Reinhard Poetz wrote:

> My understanding was that the staging repo is a mirror of everything
> under org/apache/cocoon and when we really want to release, we call a
> script that copies our changes to the public sync repo or if we want to
> roll back, we copy back the changes by copying the content of the sync
> repo over our staging repo (we should be able to do this on specific
> paths, but that's a detail).

this would work, even though my understanding was that staging->release
repo is a one way process. You deploy to staging and after verification
you _move_ the files simply to release. If you get it wrong, just zap
staging and try again. I just talked with jdcasey on #maven about this,
he said that we should be ok with overwriting metadata.xml as the
<versions> element in there is only used for snapshot resolution.
Release artifacts are looked up directly.

> Have you already written the necessary scripts?

nope.

Jorg