cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jorg Heymans ...@domek.be>
Subject Re: Staging Repository
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2006 21:20:06 GMT

Reinhard Poetz wrote:

> I tried it and run into the problem[1] that when I refer to the already
> released Cocoon parent artifact (org.apache.cocoon:cocoon:1), the old
> value for the distribution repository is taken. Because of this I
> accidently deployed the batik parent pom (org.apache.cocoon:batik:1) to
> the official Apache sync repo.

Yes you should've deployed our new root pom first and waited for the
sync to maven central before deploying any child blocks.

> Any ideas how to override the distribution repository from command line
> or do we really have to deploy all our pom artifacts just to propagate
> the new location?

mmm interesting problem... deploying a new root pom potentially triggers
a cascade of module pom deployments. We could get around this by making
all poms extend the root pom directly, instead of passing via their
parent module poms. This would work if we don't intend to use the module
poms for anything else but to aggregate the module components.

I'll need to think about this.

Jorg