cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Peter Hunsberger" <peter.hunsber...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Result] [Vote] Java 5 as minimum JDK requirement
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2006 14:01:32 GMT
On 8/15/06, Reinhard Poetz <reinhard@apache.org> wrote:
> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> >
> > As Java 5 was released almost 2 years ago, I propose making it the
> > minimum requirement for trunk and all artifacts released from there.
>
> here are the results:
> 15 binding       +1
>  1 non-binding   +1
>  1 binding       +0
>  1 binding       -0
>  1 binding       -1
>
> If I interpret our voting rules correctly, the proposal has been rejected
> because of the -1 vote.

I disagree.  Joerg has not given us any real reason why Cocoon 2.2
needs to run on any of these older platforms.  In order for a veto to
be considered valid it must be based on a real problem.

I'll ask once more: if a company is so conservative with their
software upgrades that they are still running platforms that do not
support Java 1.5 then what possible reason would they have for wanting
to run Cocoon 2.2?

--
Peter Hunsberger