cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Lundquist ...@wrinkledog.com>
Subject Re: Voting policies
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2006 16:22:06 GMT

On Aug 9, 2006, at 7:35 AM, Leszek Gawron wrote:

> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>> As the chair of this project I should probably know it better but I
>> wonder whether we have a project policy that contains guidelines
>> about vote resulting.
>> Does the -1 of Jörg mean that the Java 5 proposal is rejected?
> Looks like you're right. Consensus means 100% agreed to the
> proposition.

Traditionally, consensus is not synonymous w/ unanimity.

(Unless, of course, this terms has some kind of special meaning local
to ASF history/culture... I presume that it does not).

See

	http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consensus_decision-making

...and in particular,

	http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consensus_decision-
making#If_consensus_is_not_unanimous.2C_who_must_agree.3F

Also, I would expect that if the ASF meant for a negative vote to have
veto power, they would have said so explicitly.

Cheers,
—ml—