cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Tricia Williams <pgwil...@student.cs.uwaterloo.ca>
Subject Bug# 33462
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2006 22:35:40 GMT
This bug was reported February 9, 2005 [MAIL] Weird Encoding problem with
SendMailAction.  I have found similar behavior in another component.

I have a flowscript, which uses the cocoon.redirectTo action to redirect
to a url outside the pipeline.  Similarly the form correctly delivers the
form content as UTF-8.  It seems somewhere between the redirectTo and the
service which handles the url, the parameter encoding is made to be
incorrect. I can send the url directly and it will work just fine
returning the correct character-encoding.

I can apply the same workaround given in the bug description, encoding the
parameter as ISO-8859-1.  After this change the response from the
redirectTo will suddenly work as expected.