cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jorg Heymans ...@domek.be>
Subject Re: Building trunk (was Re: Cocoon 2.2 — ready to try)
Date Fri, 25 Aug 2006 22:21:41 GMT
On 25 Aug 2006, at 19:08, Mark Lundquist wrote:

> OK, I've deployed 2.2 from the cocoon-22-archetype-block per the
> instructions at http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/documentation/
> g1/1159.html.
>
> Next I wanted to try building from svn trunk.  I followed the
> instructions on http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/documentation/
> g1/798.html.  I did my "mvn clean install", and I get this:
>
> [INFO] Scanning for projects...
> [INFO]
> --
> [ERROR] FATAL ERROR
> [INFO]
> --
>

> Project ID: org.apache.cocoon:cocoon:pom:2-SNAPSHOT
>
> Reason: Cannot find parent: org.apache:apache for project:
> org.apache.cocoon:cocoon:pom:2-SNAPSHOT

well as it says it cannot find the parent pom of our pom, chances are
you've configured a mirror that doesn't have that pom. A good thing
to do here is to check  manually if your repo actually has that file.
So check eg mirrors.dotsrc.org/maven2/org/apache/apache/ etc.

I'm currently using mergere's repo, it's US based so slightly slower
for us europeans but i found it to be the most complete (as in has
all the files) mirror.

Jorg