cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jorg Heymans>
Subject Re: Cocoon 2.2 M1 artifacts in m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository
Date Fri, 04 Aug 2006 21:54:22 GMT

On 8/4/06 8:08 PM, in article, "Reinhard Poetz"
<> wrote:

> Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
>> Also, if a sync happens while you're uploading stuff, a half-finished release
>> will be published.
>> This looks exactly like the mysterious build problems that Carsten and I were
>> chasing at ApacheCon, where he had different versions of some artifacts (from
>> another project, not Cocoon) than me in his maven cache, with the same
>> version numbers.
>> I know little about how this all works, but maybe it would make sense to use
>> a staging area, outside of the synced directories, to create the release? And
>> move it to the "sync zone" when it's ready and checked.
> yes, that's IMO the way to go. Could some shell script guru set up the
> necessary shell scripts for the sync process? What we need is two scripts on
> [sub-directory]: Using this script you can set back a
> particular module, e.g. cocoon-core: "
> org/apache/cocoon/cocoon-core"
> Using this script we sync our private repo with the
> official m2 sync repository. After running this script we can ping
> repository@apache to do the sync with the ibiblio repo.
> The only thing left is that we should make our private repository available
> via http so that we can try out our releases locally.

What about the maven metadata.xml ? Isn't that one updated with each
release? We should make sure that there is no risk of breaking something
when we start playing with this ourselves. I'll ask for a second opinion on
#maven. (but if you ask me, they should be the ones providing a more
granular sync service in the first place)

View raw message