cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew Stevens" <>
Subject Re: [Vote] Java 5 as minimum JDK requirement
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2006 00:14:26 GMT
>From: Daniel Fagerstrom <>
>Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 22:19:28 +0200
>Joerg Heinicke skrev:
>Look, there might be excellent reasons for not upgrading and if there are
>it is better that we find them. And I agree with Jorg that if many people
>who otherwise would use 2.2 don't because of Java 5, that would be a good
>reason for waiting with upgrading to Java 5. But this far no one have said
>that they would have any problems with it, neither at cocoon-dev or

Okay, here's one :-)
I work for (a small part of) one of the big international banking groups.
In a brand new site that our team has only just started developing, we're
still restricted to servlet 2.3 and JDK 1.3 due to the version of Websphere
that's supported by another team over in the US that'll be hosting it for
us; if I'm very lucky they'll be willing to support a version that can
handle JDK 1.4 by the time we go live.  So switch to Java 5 if you wish, but
that'll leave me stuck on Cocoon 2.1.x for the forseeable future.

View raw message