cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijv...@hippo.nl>
Subject watch out with mirror http://apache.cs.uu.nl/
Date Sun, 20 Aug 2006 10:31:02 GMT
Hello,

everybody using mirror http://apache.cs.uu.nl/ in his maven build.properties should be aware
of downloading wrong jars. There seem to be strange rewrite rules configured, which rewrites
you a couple of times when you want to download certain jakarta jars, and then just downloads
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/downloads/index.html. You end up with hard to solve problems
because of nonsense jars just containing an html page.

For example:
http://apache.cs.uu.nl/dist/jakarta/jakarta-slide
http://apache.cs.uu.nl/dist/jakarta/jakarta-bcel
http://apache.cs.uu.nl/dist/jakarta/jakarta-bsf

I did not test further, but it seems that jakarta projects, from which the jars are not present
in apache.cs.uu.nl, are redirected, instead of returning a 404. If you for example have the
dependency

<dependency>
      <id>jakarta-slide:slide-stores</id>
      <version>a-random-version-here</version>
</dependency>

and you have the mirror http://apache.cs.uu.nl/, it will downlad "the" jar because you are
redirected. I told everybody with whom I am developing to directly remove this mirror.

Regards Ard

Ps: How can we inform the right people that this flaw gets fixed? If you can't rely on mirrors
to return the right jars, we really end up in unmanageable situations.

--

Hippo
Oosteinde 11