cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <>
Subject watch out with mirror
Date Sun, 20 Aug 2006 10:31:02 GMT

everybody using mirror in his maven should be aware
of downloading wrong jars. There seem to be strange rewrite rules configured, which rewrites
you a couple of times when you want to download certain jakarta jars, and then just downloads You end up with hard to solve problems
because of nonsense jars just containing an html page.

For example:

I did not test further, but it seems that jakarta projects, from which the jars are not present
in, are redirected, instead of returning a 404. If you for example have the

and you have the mirror, it will downlad "the" jar because you are
redirected. I told everybody with whom I am developing to directly remove this mirror.

Regards Ard

Ps: How can we inform the right people that this flaw gets fixed? If you can't rely on mirrors
to return the right jars, we really end up in unmanageable situations.

Oosteinde 11
1017WT Amsterdam
The Netherlands
Tel  +31 (0)20 5224466