cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Torsten Curdt" <tcu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Re: [Vote] Java 5 as minimum JDK requirement
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2006 07:16:26 GMT
> > If one does not view a veto as valid then one has to challenge it.  To
> > do otherwise would not be taking your position as a committer
> > seriously.
> His veto was challenged.  A reason was stated.  Now if the reason for
> the veto was "the moon is not in alignment with the stars" it would be
> reasonable to state that the reason isn't valid.  But the reason given
> was nothing of the kind.  That doesn't mean you can't try to convince
> him to change his mind using the two paragraphs that followed.  But the
> implication of the statement is that you don't recognize his -1 as being
> valid, when in fact it is.  You simply don't agree with it.

I think you are simplifying this situation a bit...

Let's say I am working for company "A". Company "A" has a policy to only
use reaaaaally stable and proven software. "Don't change if you don't
have to". Basically they are still using JDK 1.3. I am a PMC member of
an OS project the company is using. Now is the non-upgrade policy of
that company "A" a valid reason for the individual PMC member to veto
the upgrade of the JDK requirement for the OS project?

...now I am curious

cheers
--
Torsten