cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Torsten Curdt" <tcu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Re: [Vote] Java 5 as minimum JDK requirement
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2006 15:30:57 GMT
> Peter Hunsberger wrote:
> > Sorry, in my book that's not a valid reason.
> I think it is inappropriate for you to judge whether his reason is valid
> or not.

He said "in my book"

>  Furthermore, his veto won't be overturned by such a statement.
> Although I agree with your argument below, I'm also not in favor of
> questioning someone endlessly about a veto.

As a mater of fact a veto needs to have a good reason.

Especially now with the argument Peter was giving I am
also questioning whether that is actually a good reason.

I don't think that this thread is endless yet. We already had
much longer discussions about much less. If someone vetos
something he needs to be prepared to stand up for that and face
the discussion ...as long as we keep this on a professional
level (...no pointing fingers, other communities in mind)

cheers
--
Torsten