cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Torsten Curdt" <tcu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Re: [Vote] Java 5 as minimum JDK requirement
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2006 09:54:36 GMT
> > I still stand with my -1 vote. I don't want to be attacked personally
> > for it. Sorry for it, but we don't agree here.
> >
> In that case I think it is time to put this discussion to rest. It
> sounds like we have consensus for servlet 2.4 but not for Java 5.

Why does that sound like retroweaver/translater is not an option?

I haven't personally used it for such a huge project yet but obviously
other projects are using it - successfully. For the API differences they
provide a runtime jar btw.

I would rather give that a try than adjusting our project to the speed
of IT departments in large banks or organizations in general.

...and whoever thinks these "little things" don't make a difference in
coding should listen to some of the ruby talks available on the net.
Or even better - play a bit with it.

There is a fine line between getting stuck in legacy and loosing users.
>From the feedback we got so far it sounds people are happy with
1.5. If we now can satisfy the legacy with some bytecode magic...

Please, let's do so!

cheers
--
Torsten