cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Lundquist ...@wrinkledog.com>
Subject daisy docs (was Re: Cocoon 2.2 — ready to try)
Date Fri, 25 Aug 2006 16:57:00 GMT

On Aug 24, 2006, at 9:29 PM, Reinhard Poetz wrote:

> Mark Lundquist wrote:
>> I'm posting this on the dev list because 2.2 is still alpha...
>> anyway, I'm ready to dive in and start getting a feel for 2.2, but
>> I'm definitely not up to speed on any of this, so... where's the
>> "Getting Started" page? :-)  I've installed Maven 2.0.4, which is all
>> I know to do :-)
>>  Sorry if this is a LAQ (Lamely Asked Question), but I didn't find
>> anything on the Wiki or Daisy...
>
> http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/documentation/g1/1159.html
>
> HTH

Well, that was easy! :-)
I see

	com.mycompany:myBlock This is a message coming from a Spring bean.

so, I guess it is working.  Thx, Reinhard!

I guess I never saw the page you referenced because I never clicked on
the "Installing & building" nav link, and the reason I never bothered
to look there was because the first thing you see at
http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/documentation is:

This site is intended as staging server for the official documentation
at http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/. The documentation is geared towards
the current release (v2.1.7) and all future releases, although we try
to keep the documentation as version-independent as possible.

I suppose "all future releases" includes 2.2, but based on the
reference to http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/,  I assumed this  meant "all
future 2.1.x releases".  Now, the fact that all of the material in the
"Installing & building" area (now that I've looked actually looked at
it :-) is for 2.2, maybe the Daisy area at cocoon.zones is just for
2.2?  If so, where's the staging area for 2.1.10 docs?

Also, what is the deal with this area?:
http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cocoon-documentation/1201.html?

I tried to figure out the doc deal by looking at these pages:
	http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/?
action=fullsearch&context=180&value=Documentation&titlesearch=Titles
but references to Daisy in those pages are sparing and
prospective/hypothetical, so I figure these pages must be way out of
date...?

Can somebody help me get straightened around on this stuff? :-)
—ml—