cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Another settings question (love bugging Carsten these days)
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2006 06:41:38 GMT
Leszek Gawron wrote:
> Previously web.xml properties were read into settings via a hard-wired
> PropertyProvider. I see no property providers implemented now in
> cocoon-core as well as no code reading web.xml elsewhere.
>
> Was this intentional? I have not used the functionality anyways. Just
> trying to keep compatibility.

Yes, that's intentional :) We decided to drop the compatibility because
of two reasons:
- With 2.2 you might have several Cocoon related servlets, listeners or
filters which makes a central configuration in web.xml more complicated
(ok, you could use context parameters)
- but most important: no need to patch web.xml for this.

You can configure everything more elegantly via properties.

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/