cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Hussayn dabbous <hussayn.dabb...@saxess.de>
Subject How to configure eclipse inplace development ?
Date Mon, 28 Aug 2006 22:05:21 GMT
Hy, all;

I want to get deeper insight into cocoon-2.1, hence i started
setting up my eclipse environement. After doing a successfull
checkout and build, now i face a problem getting my cocoon checkout
set up for inplace development (so that modifying a source file
would directly lead to a container restart).
I searched the docs and the cocoon-wiki, but could not find any hint,
hence i kindly ask here for a hint.

This is what i did so far and where i struggle:

1.) I downloaded cocoon from svn as described in

     http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/LoadInEclipse

2.) Then i went to the command line and exeuted

     ./build.sh
     ./cocoon.sh

     and could successfully test it from the browser.

3.) Now i applied

     ./build.sh eclipse-project

     and refreshed my eclipse project.

4.) In order to get inplace development activated i tried to change
     the default output folder in eclipse from

         cocoon-2.1.x/build/eclipse/classes

         /cocoon-2.1.x/build/webapp/WEB-INF/classes

5.) then i cleaned the project thus triggered an automatic rebuild.
     i verified that in the WEB-INF/classes directory now all expected
     class files are available and restarted jetty from the commandline:

     ./cocoon.sh

6.) here i struggle:
     The container starts up again, but when accessing it from the browser, now
     i get an exception:

org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException: Could not load class org.apache.cocoon.webapps.session.components.ContextInputModule

for component named 'session-context' at file:/C:/Programme/cocoon/workspace/cocoon-2.1.x/build/webapp/WEB-INF/cocoon.xconf:252:151

I verified that the requested class is in build.webap/WEB-INF/classes

I assume that classes in WEB-INF/classes are loaded in favor of classes from the WEB-INF/lib
folder,
hence i kept all cocoon-libs in the lib foder. Maybe this is what makes my attempts fail ?

anybody can give me a hint, what i am doing wrong ?

thanks in advance,
hussayn