cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Logging in 2.2
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2006 16:29:26 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>>> Unless extra ClassLoader is mandatory, I don't think we can use commons-logging

>>> in Cocoon code, due to issue above.
>> Ok, so I'll go for log4j then
>
> But in this case Cocoon would end up with two log files - one is regular
> core.log (created, say, by good old LogKit) and another one from the log4j from
> 'new code'... I'd prefer commons-logging over log4j for reasons:

Not exactly. By default we log using log4j anyway. The direct logkit
support has been replaced with log4j in trunk. So you end up with one
log file (as long as you don't change this).

>   * it supports all of them - LogKit, Java logging, log4j;
>   * it seems to be already used in many (most?) libraries throughout Apache;
>

> That is assuming that any class loading issues can be resolved.

I'm fine with that - but now I'm a little bit clueless about what to
really use...

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/