cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: running modes
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2006 08:15:11 GMT
Leszek Gawron wrote:
>> +        if ( !Arrays.asList(SettingsDefaults.RUNNING_MODES).contains(mode) ) {
>> +            final String msg =
>> +                "Invalid running mode: " + mode + " - Use one of: " + Arrays.asList(SettingsDefaults.RUNNING_MODES);
>> +            servletContext.log(msg);
>> +            throw new IllegalArgumentException(msg);
>> +        }
>
> Do we really need to narrow running modes to 'prod', 'dev' and 'test'?
> After all these all are just directory names under
> WEB-INF/cocoon/properties. Why not allow users create as many profiles
> as they need?

We discussed this some weeks ago and came to the conclusion that
predefined running modes are easier to understand. It gives clear
guidelines to the user about what is possible and what they should use.
If we open this up to anything, users might get lost in what they
could/should use.

Do you need more modes?

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de