cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: more about properties in cocoon 2.2
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2006 23:00:04 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler skrev:
> Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
>> Carsten Ziegeler skrev:
>>> Yes, that's true - now there are some problems here (as always). I
>>> started to implement a spring 2.0 xml namespace handler which would
>>> allow to "plugin" the old avalon configuration into a spring
>>> configuration using an own xml element, like <avalon:components
>>> src="cocoon.xconf"/> (or something like that).
>>>
>> Would be great if we could do it that way.
>
> I just committed some new stuff which allows us to setup the avalon
> logger and the settings object in a spring like way.
>
> Daniel, I saw that the osgi stuff is currently using some of the
> CoreUtil methods like creating the settings object and using the
> initSettingsFiles method. With the new approach these methods will go
> away in addition to setting up the logger from the BeanFactoryUtil.
> Is this a problem for the osgi stuff? What do you need?

I don't think it should be a problem for the OSGi stuff. It is probably
easy to refactor it so that it use your new stuff.

There is some work within the Spring community to integrate Spring with
OSGi. As soon as I find any time for it I will see if we can use their
OSGi-Spring bridge instead of our own. And if not, try to work with them
so that their bridge fulfills our requirements.

/Daniel