cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Logging in 2.2
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2006 19:53:57 GMT
Yeah our famous topic is back!

Some time ago we decided to use log4j as default for avalon based
components in 2.2 to get rid off the dependencies to logkit. Now, I
don't want to discuss this decision again, we should stick to it.
(If you want to use logkit or any other logging framework for the avalon
based components, its still possible)

The question now is, what do we use for logging in an avalon free
environment? Spring itself directly uses commons logging.
Please note, that I don't want to change all components we have to the
new mechanism now; but I would like to have our standard way of logging
for all new things which do not use avalon anymore.

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/