cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: more about properties in cocoon 2.2
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2006 19:50:33 GMT
Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
> Carsten Ziegeler skrev:
>> Yes, that's true - now there are some problems here (as always). I
>> started to implement a spring 2.0 xml namespace handler which would
>> allow to "plugin" the old avalon configuration into a spring
>> configuration using an own xml element, like <avalon:components
>> src="cocoon.xconf"/> (or something like that).
>>
> Would be great if we could do it that way.

I just committed some new stuff which allows us to setup the avalon
logger and the settings object in a spring like way.

Daniel, I saw that the osgi stuff is currently using some of the
CoreUtil methods like creating the settings object and using the
initSettingsFiles method. With the new approach these methods will go
away in addition to setting up the logger from the BeanFactoryUtil.
Is this a problem for the osgi stuff? What do you need?

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/