cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: more about properties in cocoon 2.2
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2006 19:47:09 GMT
Leszek Gawron wrote:

> I mean if you want to use spring for cocoon components you put your
> files into META-INF/spring/*.xml and after deployment cocoon will nicely
> pick them up.
>
> Still as most of the functionality that you are used to with
> WebApplicationContext does not work you create a separate spring context
> for handling your domain model (e.g. hibernate), application services,
> security (e.g. acegi) etc.
>
> So I have put that context into META-INF/spring-root and loading it with
> ContextLoaderListener
Ah, ok.

> Looks like jumping 3 steps at a time for me. This nice change you're
> implementing is just an enhancement for switching to WebApplicationContext.
>
>> Apart from that, we now have a nice property mechanism which we have to
>> rewrite if we are going this way as we have to write spring components
>> for the property handling (shouldn't be a big deal though).
> Could you elaborate?

Spring has a simple property replacement mechanism which you can
configure through bean factory post processors. Our property mechanism
(is described somewhere in daisy) is more powerful as it supports
running modes, has a deterministic approach of applying the different
property files (in alphabetic order) etc.
If just committed a first version of doing this the spring way, so this
issue should be solved soon.

> For now we can use our own listener as long as it also mimics the job of
> original ContextLoaderListener.
Yes, and that is the problematic part; we can't let spring instantiate
our avalon based
components right now, so we can't configure them in the root application
context (for now). But I'm currently working on a solution...

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/